There have been numerous international studies of the benefits of chess. These include, but are not limited to::
- You are 50% less likely to develop dementia.
- Utilizes both sides of brain.
- Helps your brain to grow.
- Chess players usually have better grades.
It can be played by almost everyone to include:
- Any economic social group.
- From a child to the elderly.
- Any gender.
Chess Vets Online Chess Club | Facebook
Chess Vets • lichess.org
Family Friendly Weekly Online Club Meeting
Public - Anyone on or off Facebook
- Come and go as you please. This is a casual zoom meeting with optional chess play.
- Breakout rooms available.
- Who: All welcome (Not just veterans). All chess abilities welcome.
- Instruction: Free up to intermediate level, if instructor is available.
- Weekly 5 min game with 5 second increment Arena Tournament nonrated
To provide regular comradeship opportunities through an online video chat meeting.
This club fully supports our mission
Arrange a workshop. We can teach you to play and improve. Chess is easy to learn, but hard to master!
Chess can be played in small or large tournaments, casually or even online. The choice is yours!
A game of chess can be enjoyed with friends, family, other vets and even strangers in another country!
Service Disabled Veteran Non-Profit
Our not for profit organization is a proud member of the Veteran Owned Business Project. VOB is the leading FREE network portal of over 300,000 supporters and 30,000 businesses owned by military veterans (VOB), active duty military, reservists, service disabled veteran owned businesses (SDVOSB) and military spouses of the United States Army, Air Force (USAF), Marines (USMC), Navy (USN), Coast Guard (USCG) and National Guard. Join us in showing your support for our armed forces by proudly searching for products and services that are all made by, sold by or serviced by past/present members of the United States military community!